1. Promoter: Travelex Currency Services Inc., 122 East 42nd street, Suite 2800, New York, New York 10168.
2. The promotion is only open to USA residents who are aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees of the Promoter, employees of Penguin Books, employees of any associated company of either the Promoter or Penguin Books, the immediate families of any category of employee outlined in the foregoing, and persons connected with the administration of the Promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
4. Promotional Period: Enter between 00:01 on 1 December 2016 and 23:59 on Sunday 5 February 2017 (EST)
5. To Enter: Entrants must submit valid entries via the site https://www.travelex.com/next-great-travel-writer-2017 within the Promotional Period.
6. Entry criteria:
7. The Prizes: There are three separate prizes available:
(each a "Prize" and together the "Prizes", with any valid entrant who is awarded a Prize a "Winner").
Only one Prize can be won by any one entrant. In the event that an entrant is chosen to receive more than one Prize, e.g. by winning the Student Prize Competition and being selected for the Main Prize, that entrant will be given the Prize of greatest value only and the Prize of lesser value will be awarded to the next best entrant as determined at the sole discretion of the panel of judges.
8. Winner Selection: Prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges within a month of the end of the Promotion Period, and the Prizes will be given to the best valid entry received in the opinion of the panel of judges. However, this does not apply to the selection of the Winner of the Social Media Competition Prize who will be the entrant, from the final shortlist, whose entry has generated the most tweets featuring their unique hashtag, the Travelex Twitter handle and the hashtag #NGTW after the shortlist of potential winning entries has been announced. All winner selection is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
9. Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted via email and/or social media within 5 working days of the Prizes being awarded by the judges. The Winner will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize by responding to the email notifying them that they are a winner within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a Winner does not respond to communications within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter that they are the Winner, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Winner and allocate that prize to runner up winner selected in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
10. Arranging the Prize: All Prizes will be sent to the Winner after completion of compliance checks to the Promoter’s satisfaction. Should the Winner fails any compliance checks then a new winner will be selected as per paragraph 7 above. The 1-hour session with representative from Penguin Books, will be arranged between the Winner, the Promoter (and its third parties) and Penguin Books. The Social Media Prize Winner will be sent the prize by registered post.
11. Intellectual Property: entrants agree to grant the Promoter a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide and sub-licensable licence for a period of 10 years beginning on the date of entry, in the intellectual property rights in all entries, irrespective of whether or not the entry meets the eligibility criteria outlined in clause 6 above ("the Licence"). The Licence shall include the right for the Promoter to use entries in its own publications and promotional materials worldwide without seeking the entrant’s consent during the term of the Licence.
12. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason the Winner does not take the Prize, then that Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and no other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that Prize. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another Prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
13. The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage, loss, injury (including indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages, nor for any loss of profits or revenues) suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or generally for intent as well as for gross negligence.
14. Winners accept by receiving the Prize they may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion.
15. The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Travelex will hold publication rights for all entries submitted and is free to use the content on their website, social media and other promotional platforms.
18. Governing Law: these Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of New York.
19. By entering the Promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions.